History of Medicine Collections
History of Medicine Collections at Eskind Biomedical Library
The History of Medicine Collections are located on the third floor of the newly renovated Eskind Biomedical Library, adjacent to Vanderbilt Hospital on the university campus. We’re open to the public 8:30am-5pm Monday through Friday, but please contact us ahead of time if you have specific research needs.
The History of Medicine Collections at EBL curates, preserves, and provides access to rare books, manuscripts, photographs, artifacts, and other materials covering the history of medicine since 1500. The collection's strengths include the history of nutrition, surgery, anatomy, and pediatrics, as well as the history of Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Choose any of the links below to browse archival collections, or search the Library Catalog to find our rare books.
- EBL Manuscripts Collection
- Registers, Bulletins, and Catalogs of Vanderbilt Medical School
- Special Collections Biographical Files
- University of Nashville Medical Student Dissertations (1851-1859)
- VUMC Archives at Eskind Biomedical Library