History of Medicine COVID-19 Policies
In all we do, we follow University protocol to enhance the safety of our spaces. This page provides important information that will make your next visit to the History of Medicine Collections a success.
Please note that we will continue to provide remote reference services, both to Vanderbilt and non-Vanderbilt researchers. Email us at email@example.com for help.
Hours of Operation
Making an Appointment
- The History of Medicine Collections is now welcoming Vanderbilt, VUMC, and off-campus visitors for research appointments to our collections.
- Create an account on our registration form.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation about your research needs. Let us know your research topic, what items interest you, and/or if you need help identifying materials. Please tell us if you expect to require multiple visits so we can discuss your options.
What to Know Before You Visit
- The History of Medicine Collections is in room 332 in the Eskind Biomedical Library.
- Please do not arrive until your appointment has been confirmed by History of Medicine staff.
- For the safety of staff and researchers, the number of researchers allowed in the reading room will be limited. Researchers and staff will be required to wear masks/cloth face coverings at all times.
- Vanderbilt students, faculty, and staff who are not members of the Schools of Medicine or Nursing may have difficulty entering the building, so please arrange building access with History of Medicine staff before your visit.
- Researchers will need to present a valid photo ID or Vanderbilt ID.
Once You've Arrived
- Please ring the bell to alert staff you’ve arrived.
- Please bring only laptops, phone, camera, pencils, or paper into the reading room.
- Please only consult one book or box at a time.
- Staff will assist you with using a book rest.
- There is no researcher access to copy machines or scanning equipment.
- Researchers are welcome to use personal cell phones or cameras to take photographs of rare materials, subject to our policies.