History of Medicine Collections Access Policies
This page provides important information that will make your next visit to the History of Medicine Collections a success.
Please note that we will continue to provide remote reference services, both to Vanderbilt and non-Vanderbilt researchers. Email us at email@example.com for help.
Hours of Operation
Making an Appointment
- The History of Medicine Collections is now welcoming Vanderbilt, VUMC, and off-campus visitors for research appointments to our collections.
- Create an account on our registration form.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation about your research needs. Let us know your research topic, what items interest you, and/or if you need help identifying materials. Please tell us if you expect to require multiple visits so we can discuss your options.
What to Know Before You Visit
- The History of Medicine Collections is located in room 332 in the Eskind Biomedical Library.
- Please do not arrive until your appointment has been confirmed by History of Medicine staff.
- Masks are required if physical distancing of six feet can't be achieved.
- Researchers will need to present a valid photo ID or Vanderbilt ID.
Once You've Arrived
- Please ring the bell to alert staff you’ve arrived.
- Please bring only laptops, phone, camera, pencils, or paper into the reading room.
- Please only consult one book or box at a time.
- Staff will assist you with using a book rest.
- There is no researcher access to copy machines or scanning equipment.
- Researchers are welcome to use personal cell phones or cameras to take photographs of rare materials, subject to our policies.