Peabody Library Lockers
Peabody Library has 25 lockers available for Vanderbilt students. Locker assignments are on a first-come, first-served basis. Interested students may stop at the Peabody Library circulation desk to check out a key.
Student Locker Use Policies and Guidelines
- Only current Vanderbilt students are eligible for library lockers.
- Lockers are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis at the beginning of the academic year. Lockers can be reserved for one semester at a time.
- Students may check out a locker for one semester during an academic year and depending on availability renew for the next semester.
Locker Use Guidelines
- Locker keys will be assigned.
- Lockers must be kept locked at all times.
- No items are to be affixed to the locker’s interior or exterior.
- Lockers may not be permanently altered by the assignee(s).
- Any Vanderbilt library materials or interlibrary loan items that are stored in lockers must be checked out to the locker assignee(s).
- Any electronic devices stored in the lockers must be turned off (i.e., cell phones, tablets, computers).
Locker Content Responsibility
- You may store items in the lockers at your own risk.
- Peabody Library is not responsible or liable for stored items.
- Peabody Library is not responsible or liable for the loss, theft, or damage of locker contents.
- Personal books
- Research materials
- Writing implements
- Notebooks and notepads, etc.
- Non-perishable items, such as granola bars or water bottles
- Unsealed food or drink containers
- Noticeable aromatic items
- Perishable items
- Prohibited, dangerous, and/or illegal items (i.e. controlled substances, drugs, alcohol, flammable materials, chemicals, explosives, weapons)
- Library books or items not checked out to locker assignee
- Peabody Library reserves the right to conduct locker inspections at will or as needed.
- Any found violations will result in immediate termination and revocation of locker assignee privileges for a period of one academic year
Locker or Key Damage
- Lockers that are damaged or with non-functioning keys will not be assigned/reassigned until repaired
- Locker assignee will immediately report any and all locker issues to Access Services Coordinator, Shahpar Kamtarin (email@example.com)
- Keys must be returned at the end of each semester, no later than the last day of classes to Peabody circulation desk
- Any personal items found in a locker after it the end of the semester will be placed in Peabody Library lost and found