Prepare to Practice
- Monday, March 20: Professor Larry Bridgesmith, Program on Law and Innovation, 12:10 p.m., Covington Room
- Monday, March 27: Lexis Nexis in the "Fore"-front of Legal Research, 12:10 p.m., Covington Room
- Tuesday, March 28: Bloomberg Law Ace Your Summer with Blaw's Suite of Tools, 12:10 p.m., Bartholomew room
- Tuesday, April 4: Todd Hartley '10, law clerk to in-house counsel: Advice on Your Legal Research Backswing, 12:10 p.m., Covington Room
- Tuesday, April 11: Professor Carolyn Floyd, research services librarian and lecturer in law, 12:10 p.m., Ray Room
- Wednesday, April 12: Wolters Kluwer: Step Up Your Game with New Enhancements from the Pros, 12:10 p.m., Covington Room
Larry Bridgesmith brings more than 30 years of experience in dispute resolution and innovative workplace strategies to clients, students and business entities. Professor Bridgesmith integrates the practical, legal and academic "best practices" into dispute resolution and legal innovation in service to his client relationships. He was the founding executive director of the Institute for Conflict Management at Lipscomb University. He is also president of Creative Collaborations and practices law in Nashville. In 2010, he co-founded ERM Legal Solutions which provides technology tools to assist lawyers in adopting legal project management methodologies in their practices. He was recognized by his peers as the Grayfred Grey Mediation Public Service award winner in 2012.
Todd Hartley '10 is advertising counsel with Nissan North America. His responsibilities include defending advertising litigation and government investigations and advising Nissan regarding the creation of U.S. and global advertising materials. Prior to joining Nissan, Hartley held several roles, including as a trial lawyer for Nissan and other large auto manufacturers. While a student at Vanderbilt Law School, he was a member of the Moot Court Board, the Environmental Law Society, Phi Delta Phi and the Legal Aid Society. Hartley served as a law clerk for Judge Karon O. Bowdre, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama and is a current member of the Nashville, Tennessee and Mississippi bar associations.
Carolyn Floyd manages law library access services, which encompasses document delivery, interlibrary loan, circulation, and collection maintenance. She also provides research and reference services for students, faculty, and other members of the Vanderbilt community. In addition, Professor Floyd teaches legal research skills in the first-year Legal Research and Writing program and has been a visiting instructor of Advanced Legal Research. Before joining the Law Library, Professor Floyd held the registrar position at Vanderbilt Law School; served as a reference desk assistant in the University of Missouri Law Library, assisting with first year Legal Research instruction; and practiced law in the areas of Guardianship, Conservatorship, and Mental Health Competency. She is a member of the Missouri (inactive) and Tennessee Bars (inactive).