The Vanderbilt University Libraries are committed to providing equal access to library services and collections for all patrons. If you need special assistance, ask for help at any library service desk. Some services may require advance notice to ensure staff availability. We work in conjunction with the Vanderbilt offices of Student Access Services and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Disability Services (faculty & staff) in order to provide assistance. For more information, please contact a specific library for advice on access and assistance.
Upon request, staff can assist you with:
- Using the library catalog to get started with your research.
- Determining library holdings and locations.
- Reading call numbers.
- Oral or written directions to help you locate library materials.
- For more in-depth research assistance, contact a subject specialist or use Ask a Librarian to schedule a research consultation.
Access to Print or Online Materials
- Request assistance with retrieving print materials (books, journals, scores, etc.) from the stacks at the library's service desk.
- Use InterLibrary Loan to:
- request books (print or electronic) from other libraries.
- request electronic copies of articles or book excerpts from other libraries.
- Scan documents to email using networked library photocopiers. Use these scanners to send a PDF copy of documents to email and then use software with optical character recognition to convert the images to text for reading.
- By working with Student Access Services or EEO Disability Services, individuals with print and/or mobility disabilities may request an accommodation that will allow the library to:
- deliver materials to the library of your choice (undergraduates) or your department (graduate/professional students and staff - all faculty have access to Faculty Delivery).
- authorize those with print disabilities for access to all ~14,000,000 HathiTrust materials - even those still within copyright.
- for either of these options, contact the appropriate office and have them send confirmation of your eligibility to Robyn Weisman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-343-3653.
- Text Magnification (Magnifier (Microsoft Accessibility)
- Screen Readers (JAWS, NVDA, Narrator (Microsoft Accessibility)
- Speech Recognition (Windows speech recognition (Windows Ease of Use)
- Word Prediction and Completion (On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) in Windows)
Our buildings have accessible:
- study spaces
- restrooms (some gender neutral/family/single-use)
- entrance/exit equipped with automatic doors
Handicapped Parking near Vanderbilt Libraries
Lot 6B - off 21st Ave. (near Central Library, Divinity Library, Special Collections, and Science & Engineering Library)
Lot 6A (off 21st Ave.; near the Law Library and Management Library)
Lots 95 and 96 (spaces on Magnolia Circle, near Peabody Library)
South Garage (off Children’s Way, near Blair School and the Music Library)