Jesse Ely Wills Papers
- Correspondence - Outgoing. 1952-1977. Arranged chronologically. 484 letters,
the bulk of which consists of typed carbons. Folders 1-6.
- Correspondence - Incoming. 1951-1976. 492 letters, most typed, many holograph.
Six postcards, three Christmas cards. Two telegrams. Arranged alphabetically
according to sender. Folders 7-14.
- Enclosures. Miscellaneous essays and reviews by Jesse E. Wills, newspaper
clippings, photographs of Robert Penn Warren bust, essays by others, reprint
essays of others, items showing his relationship with Allen Tate, miscellaneous
papers. Folders 15-21.
- Old Oak and Coffee House Papers 1930-1969, including drafts and later supplements
to the papers. Folder 1.
- Juvenilia, c. 1915-1920. Folder 2.
- Fugitive verse, 1922-1925. Folders 3-4.
- Economic Discussion Group, 1931-1933. Folder 5.
- Early and Late - Rough drafts, intermediate and final drafts,
typescript (printer's copy), page proofs, business correspondence, congratulatory
correspondence, reviews. Folders 1-6.
- Notes, remarks on poetry readings. Folder 7.
- Introduction of Jesse E. Wills on occasion of a poetry reading, November
12, 1971, by Frances Neel Cheney. Folder 8.
- Tapes of poetry reading by Jesse E. Wills, November 12, 1971; November 14,
1973. Script of WPLN broadcast with Lin Folk, April 8, 1977. Folder 9.
- Meditations on the American Indian - Drafts, typescript (printer's
copy), page proofs, published copy in paper cover. Folders 10-12.
- Conversation Piece - Notes and early drafts, intermediate
and final drafts, page proofs, analytical leytter from Donald Davidson. Folders
- Nashville and Other Poems - Notes and early drafts, intermediate
and final drafts, typescript (printer's copy), page proofs. Folders 6-11.
- Selected Poems - Early drafts, page proofs, correspondence,
reviews. Folders 1-3.
- A Diversity of Interests - Draft copies, typescript (printer's
copy), correspondence, essays not included in the publication, published copy
in paper covers. Folders 4-9.
- Occasional verse. Folder 10.
- "First Lady" - Several drafts of a contemplated poem on Mrs. John
F. Kennedy. Not completed. Folder 11.
Overview | Box List | Fugitive
Poems | Poems by Jesse Ely Wills
Special Collections | Heard
Library | Vanderbilt University
Copyright © Special Collections, Jean and Alexander Heard Library, Vanderbilt
Last modified: April 10, 2008
For more information, contact us at: <