James D. Squires Papers
This box contains several versions of Squires' resumes and curriculum vitae as well as Squires' self-described "First Story Ever" about his grandfather from an eighth- or ninth-grade class assignment. There are a few items from his service in the Tennessee National Guard and material from his later life includes correspondence and a series of political columns written for the Lexington Herald-Leader during the 2000 presidential campaign, other clippings and publications, speeches and photographs.
Series V: Biographical Material, miscellaneous correspondence and writings (; 1990-2004)
- Box 53: Material covering dates ; 1990-2004
- Resumes and curriculum vitae
- "First story ever" - 8th or 9th grade 
- Miscellaneous material from U.S. Army service
- Incoming correspondence - Beasley, John S. II-Huddleston, Stephen
- Incoming correspondence - Kelly, Timothy
- Incoming correspondence - Kinser, Todd-Snyder, Rob
- Outgoing correspondence - April 11, 1994-September 23, 2004
- Outgoing correspondence - n.d.
- Byline file - October 8, 1990-March 26, 2000
- Byline file - April 2, 2000-July 30, 2000
- Byline file - August 2, 2000-September 24, 2000
- Byline file - October 5, 2000-December 3, 2000; n.d.
- Clippings - March 11, 1993-September 2000
- Publications - Columbia Journalism Review March/April 2001
- Miscellaneous photographs
- Original clippings - 1990-2000; n.d.
Overview | Biographical Note | Complete Finding Aid (pdf) |
Series I Listing | Series II Listing | Series III Listing | Series IV Listing | Series V Listing | Series VI Listing
Special Collections | Heard
Library | Vanderbilt University
Copyright © Special Collections, Jean and Alexander Heard Library, Vanderbilt
Last modified: April 10, 2008
For more information, contact us at: <