Scope and Contents Note
The collection contains journal articles, in pamphlet form, written by
Thomas Lynn Smith, a Sociology Professor. The topics range from studies
of Southern Culture to social structures in the countries of Brazil, Colombia,
and El Salvador..
- 'An Analysis of Rural Social Organization Among the French-Speaking
of Southern Louisiana'
Reprinted from Journal of Farm Economics - October, 1934
- 'An Analysis of the Changes in Social Organization of the American
Village from 1900 to 1930'
Reprinted from University of Minnesota, Summaries of Ph.D. Theses -
- 'Brazilian Land Surveys, Land Division, and Land Titles'
Reprinted from Rural Sociology - September, 1944
- 'Characteristics of Migrants'
Reprinted from The Southwestern Social Science Quarterly - March, 1941
- 'Colonization and Settlement in Colombia'
Reprinted from Rural Sociology - June, 1947
- 'The Country Butchery: A Co-Operative Institution'
Reprinted from Rural Sociology - September, 1937
- 'The Cultural Setting of Agricultural Extension Work in Colombia'
Reprinted from Rural Sociology - September, 1945
- 'The Demographic Basis of Old Age Assistance in the South'
Reprinted from Social Forces - March, 1939
- 'The Demographic Study of the American Negro'
Reprinted from Social Forces - March, 1945
- 'The Educational Status of Louisiana's Farm Population'
Reprinted from Louisiana Bulletin - December, 1947
- 'The Growth and Distribution of Population in Brazil'
Reprinted from The Proceedings of the Louisiana Academy of Sciences-December,
- 'The Locality Group Structure of Brazil'
Reprinted from American Sociological Review - February 1944
- 'Migracion Seleccionada'
Reprinted from Tierras y Aguas - July, 1944
- 'Needed Emphases in Southern Sociology'
Reprinted from Social Forces - December, 1948
- 'Notes on Population and Social Organization in the Central Portion
Sao Francisco Valley'
Reprinted from Inter-American Economic Affairs - December, 1947
- 'Notes on Population and Rural Social Organization in El Salvador'
Reprinted from Rural Sociology - December, 1945
- 'Population Redistribution in Louisiana'
Reprinted from Social Forces - May, 1942
- 'Recent Changes in the Farm Population of the Southern States'
Reprinted from Social Forces - March, 1937
- 'The Significance of Reported Trends in Louisiana Agriculture'
Reprinted from Southwestern Social Science Quarterly - December, 1941
- 'The Social Effects of Land Division in Relationship to a Program
of Land Utilization'
Reprinted from Journal of Farm Economics - November, 1935
- 'Sources and Distribution of the Farm Population in Relation to Farm
Reprinted from Journal of Farm Economics - August, 1941
- 'Village Growth and Decline, 1930-40'
Reprinted from Rural Sociology - June, 1944