Special Collections and University Archives Library is currently in transition back to its offices near the second floor terrace overlooking 21st Avenue South. Some work in these areas is still being completed so the public service space has been moved to Room 209, which is near the Gallery on the second floor.
Due to space restrictions, please call ahead before visiting to conduct research: 615-322-2807.
To reach Special Collections, Room 209:
From the Campus Side
1. Enter the Central Library and walk straight past the circulation desk and the computer area to the elevators.
2. Take the elevator on the far right (with the security sensors) and press button 2R.
3. Exit the elevator and turn left.
4. Turn left again at the corner.
5. Room 209 is on the left side of the hallway.
From 21st Avenue South
1. Walk past the book drop and take the stairs to the second floor terrace.
2. Turn right at the top of the stairs and enter the double glass doors.
3. From the Gallery, turn left toward the Special Collections entrance.
4. Facing the double glass entrance doors, turn left and pass the elevator.
5. Turn left at the corner.
6. Room 209 is on the left side of the hallway.
To contact Special Collections or to ask a question, call or e-mail: