Correspondence - Outgoing
1. September 30, 1940 - December 1, 1970
2. January 18, 1971 - November 15, 1971
3. 1932; 1980 - 1981 from Doris S. Fleming (on the death of DFF)
Correspondence - Incoming
4. Ballard, Hoyt B.
Brands, Maarten C.
5. Farnen, Russell, Jr.
6. Gundy, H. Pearson
Holloway, James Y.
Jones, Neal O.
Kendall, L. M.
7. Manfred, Ernest F.
Manton, Thomas B.
Martin, Dan M.
Miller, J. W.
Miller, W. T.
Moore, Lewis E., Jr.
Ransom, Steve (for Shepardson)
Reed, Forrest F.
Ruggie, John Gerard
8. Schick, Franz B.
Sills, Joe Byrns
Smith, Robert H.
Swint, Henry Lee
United Nations Association
Ward, James E.
9. Fleming Family letters
10.Following the Death of D.F. Fleming, September 3, 1980
11.From Friends at the Death of D.F. Fleming
12.From Chantal and Ole ( last name unknown)
14.With George Allen and Unwin Ltd., Publishers, 1967 - 1972
15.Doris Fleming with Louise Vidaud de Flaud, October 1983 - 1985
16.Affidavit concerning the birth of Denna Frank Fleming, March 25, 1893
17.Honorable discharge from the United States Army, February 12, 1917
18.University of Illinois - final examination of Denna F. Fleming for the Ph.D., May 31, 1928 with summary of his thesis: The Ratification of Treaties
19.Wedding announcement, June 29, 1929; newspaper announcement “D. F. Fleming Married”
20. Article about Fleming, “Intellectual Approach to Circulation Growth Proves Valid in Nashville, August 10, 1935; Notebook, 1945
21.Honorary degree Eastern Illinois State College, 1948
22.Letters of appreciation, 1952
23.Notes for an interview 1961
24.Excerpt from an article by Lamar Alexander, editor of the Vanderbilt Hustler, November 3, 1961
25.Article on D.F. Fleming “Academic Freedom and Tenure: The University of South Florida” reprinted from AAUP Bulletin, the Spring Issue, 1964
26.Article in The Eastern Alumnus “ A Distinquished Graduate Writes” September 1968
27.Notice of lecture”Can the Extinction of Man Be Averted?” 1969
28.Newspaper article “D.F. Fleming Vanderbilt’s First Radical” March 18, 1970 in Vanderbilt Hustler
29.A Year End Letter from the D.F. Flemings - 1971; list of books on China, Japan, and Germany
30.Distinquished Alumni Award Eastern Illinois University, May 11, 1975, newsletter and correspondence
31.Program of UNA/USA Nashville Chapter dinner honoring D.F. Fleming, May 17, 1977 with accompanying testimonial letters
32.Obituary from The Tennessean, September 4, 1980
33.Tribute to Dr. D.F. Fleming at his memorial service September 3, 1980 by Fred Cloud; Harry Howe Ransom; and a former student
34.Order of service, memorial service for D.F. Fleming, September 10, 1980 at Belmont United Methodist Church, Nashville, Tennessee
35.Testimonials by colleagues and friends
36.Testimonials from former students
37.Letters of condolence on the death of D.F. Fleming
38.Program - International Night Celebration dedicated to Dr. D. F. Fleming,
October 21, 1980, United Nations Associaton - Nashville Chapter
39.Information for Who’s Who in America, editorial revision sheet, 1980
Information for Contemporary Authors
40.Presidential certificate of honor, 1981 (Jimmy Carter)
41.Letter to Mrs. Fleming from Eastern Illinois University, March 10, 1986
42.Narrative of D.F.F.’s life by Doris Fleming to Steven J. Bucklin, 1988 - 89
43.Data concerning D.F. Fleming
44.Post retirement activity
46.Comments on lectures and radio broadcasts
Personal and Biographical
1.Material for a piece on D.F. Fleming (1) Letters from Fleming to Synder, 1928 - 1929
2. Material for a piece on D.F.Fleming (2) Biographical narrative
3. Material for a piece on D.F. Fleming (3)
4. Material for a piece on D.F. Fleming (4) Memorials
5. Material on Albert Fleming and D.F. Fleming
6. Edmonds - Brock Family (Doris Anundsen Fleming) Research Materials”
7. Edmonds - Brock Family Building an investment Portfolio by the Valuator
8. Marriage certificate of Emily A. Brock and Alfred Anundsen, January 23, 1895
9. Items and materials relating to Doris A. Fleming
10. Lists of civic, commerce, and trade organizations
11. Legal documents - contracts with publishers
12. New York Times references to Permanent Court of International Justice
Readers Guide references to Permanent Court of International Justice
New York Times article, January 5, 1934 “World Court Vote Held Inopportune”
13. Southeastern International Relations Clubs, Fifteenth Conference at Vanderbilt
University, March 4 - 5 , 1938
Norman Wait Harris Memorial Foundation, Sixteenth Institute, The Foundations Of a More Stable World Order, University of Chicago, June 23 to July 3, 1940
14. Correspondence with Vanderbilt University administration, 1938 - 1959
15. Correspondence with Vanderbilt University administration concerning publications and teaching duties and other, 1954; 1963
16. Correspondence concerning the end of his career at Vanderbilt and offer of another Position, 1961 - 62
17. “Twenty-five Assumptions Underlying the American End of the Cold War as They Developed from 1945 to 1952” (posed by D.F. Fleming)
18. Statements about Fleming’s work, 1967; 1968
19. Letters from students - 1945, 1967
20. “What does Russia Want?” an estimate
“Is Communism Just as Bad as Fascism?” A memorandum
21. Announcement of lectures by Fleming at Vanderbilt and other
22. Article - reprint - “Academic Freedom and Tenure: the University of South Florida” AAUP Bulletin, Spring issue, 1964
23. Student papers – Adams, J. Louis - “Valuation of Property Paid for Stock” for Corporation Finance - Mr. Sowards - Vanderbilt University Law School, August 30, 1947
24. Student Papers - Adams, J. Louis “ Valuation of Property Paid for Stock” for Corporation Finance - Mr. Sowards - Vanderbilt University Law School, August 30, 1947
25.Student Papers - Adams, J. Louis “Valuation of Property Paid for Stock: A Reappraisal” in Miami Law Quarterly, Vol.III, no. 1, December 1948
26. Student Papers - Adams, J. Louis “American Neutrality During the Wars of the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Era” for Political Science 405a American Foreign Affairs
27. Student Papers - Adams, J. Louis - Research Notes for Political Science 416, April 1946
28. Student Papers - Adams, J. Louis - “Questions and Problems in Insurance” Dr. E. J. Eberling, Economics 426 Insurance, 1946
29. Student Papers/Publications - Adams, J. Louis - Old Purdy:the History of the First County Seat of McNairy County, Tennessee, 1952
30. Books removed from the Fleming Collection to Central Library Vanderbilt University
31. Copies of “Declaration of Independence” and “A Bill of Rights - Constitution of the United States”
32. Business and Public Administration: A New Program at Vanderbilt University
1. Student Papers - Adams, J. Louis - for courses at Cumberland University, Lebanon,
Tennessee, 1939 - 1941; Shenandoah College, Dayton, Virginia, 1941 - 1943
2. Student Papers - Adams, J. Louis - Political Science, Government and Business, Constitutional Law, Insurance, Summer Term at Vanderbilt University, June 10
August 23, 1946
3. Student Papers - Adams, J. Louis - Political Science, Summer Term 1946