Special Collections is a wonderful source of primary research material for undergraduate and graduate level courses. We will work with you to identify material useful for the course you are teaching.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are uncertain what resources might be available or if you want to talk to someone about using material for a class, Special Collections staff are happy to meet with you and answer any questions you may have.
Schedule a Class
Instructors can schedule a class session in Special Collections to give their students a chance to explore the resources we have to offer. Reservations are made on a first come-first served basis so we recommend you schedule as soon as possible.
What We Need to Know
- What is your preferred method of contact? Phone, e-mail, or personal appointment?
- How many students are expected for the class? Are they undergraduates, graduates, or a mixture of both?
- What day do you want to hold the session? What time?
- Will you need only one class session? Do you want to schedule a follow-up session later in the term?
- What topics will the class be researching? What assignments will they be completing?
- What do you want the students to learn from the session?
What You Get
- An introduction to Special Collections and its procedures;
- A custom research guide of primary and secondary sources for the class to use throughout the term;
- A hands-on primary resource experience for the class;
- A Special Collections liaison to guide students who need assistance.
You can schedule a consultation or class session with us by calling the department at 615-322-2807 (2-2807 from a campus phone) or by .