|1885-1935||Kenneth Morgan, Sr.|
|1935-1950||Kenneth Morgan, Jr.|
Webb School and Vanderbilt alumnus R. Kenneth Morgan, Sr., started the Morgan School in Howell, Tennessee in 1885. In 1900, he moved the school to Fayetteville and Hal Peoples became the co-principal. The school was called Peoples and Morgan until Peoples left for Battle Ground Academy in Franklin.
In 1919, the school sold its property to Bryson College and moved to Petersburg. When Morgan died in 1935, his son R. Kenneth Morgan, Jr., took control. Also a Vanderbilt graduate, Morgan, Jr. operated the school until 1950, when he sold it to the public school systems of Lincoln and Marshall counties.