|1896-1918||Alfred J. Brandon|
The Brandon Training School was established by Alfred J. Brandon in 1896 in Wartrace, Tennessee. Previously, the school building had been the home of the Wartrace Academy and then the Wartrace Male and Female Institute. The school moved to Tullahoma in 1907, and remained there as a boarding school for several years. After returning the school to Wartrace for a few years, Brandon moved the school again to Shelbyville in 1912. In 1918, Brandon retired, and the school became part of the public system. East Side Primary School is now located at the Brandon Training School site on Elliot Street in Shelbyville.