Search for Statistics
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Education Statistics Quarterly
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Social Statistics Briefing Room: Education
- State and County QuickFacts
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
Education-related statistics from the federal government.
Statistical information on education topics conveniently arranged at this White House site.
"[P]rovides frequently requested Census Bureau information at the national, state and county level" (from home page).
An exhaustive compendium of national, regional, state, local and selected international statistics, including Education statistics. Easy to search by categories.
The documents listed below contain statistical information. Those that have call numbers are held by the Peabody Library; they are non-circulating and can be found among the reference government documents on the main floor near the public workstations. Some of these documents are also available on the Internet and can be accessed by selecting the link supplied.
- America's Teachers: Profile of a Profession
ED 1.302: T22/6/993-94
- The Condition of Education
- Digest of Education Statistics
- Education in States and Nations: Indicators Comparing U.S. States with Other Industrialized Countries in 1991
- 120 Years of American Education: A Statistical Portrait
ED 1.302: ED 8/12
(also Stacks LA 205 .O54 1993)
- Projections of Education Statistics to . . .
- Youth Indicators
Issues in Focus, Major Indicators, including enrollment, literacy, dropouts, college costs and family income.
A compilation of statistical information from kindergarten to graduate school. More than 400 tables and a useful Subject Index.
International comparisons based on 37 indicators, including class size, time in class, enrollments, labor market outcomes, finances, etc.
National and state projections of enrollments, expenditures, etc.