Search

Contact Us | Advanced Search

West Court Hospital Addition, ca. 1964

Vanderbilt added a new entrance to the hospital in 1964, known at the time as the "West Court Project," which is now the main entrance to Medical Center North. Browse related items

Chapman Quadrangle in the Snow, circa 1975

The Chapman Quadrangle (named after medical school dean John Chapman) was formed by the addition of the Learned Lab building in 1952. This undated image (probably from the 1970s) shows the grass and trees with a light layer of snow. Browse related items

Tags: ,

View of Medical Center North from New Hospital, 1979

The new Vanderbilt Hospital wasn't officially opened until 1980, but this view of the old hospital was taken from the new one in October of 1979. Part of the structure can be seen at the very right edge of the image. Browse related items

Tags: ,

Entrance to the Vanderbilt Hospital, ca. 1960

People enter the hospital from the front entrance. Browse related items

The Driveway Leading to the Vanderbilt Hospital Entrance

This picture was taken from the sidewalk of 21st Ave., looking up the driveway leading to the main hospital entrance. Browse related items

Tags: ,

Vanderbilt Hospital in the Blizzard of 1951

The blizzard of January 31, 1951 covered Nashville in 8 inches of snow, and on February 2 the temperature had dropped to ten degrees below zero. Browse related items

Tags: , ,


Copyright © 2010-2017

2209 Garland Avenue
Nashville, TN 37232